"The book thief"

Hello!

Today I'm going to talk about one book. This is "The Book thief" of Markus zusak.



I love reading, and one day I decided to read this book.
This explains the life of one girl that lives in the Nazi’s Germany.
In the beginning Liesel (the girl) is traveling with her mother and her brother. She doesn’t know the reason of this travel. However, in this her brother die, but they continue with her way.
One day, her mother leaves him with one couple that has one daughter and one soon, but these are old.
She begins a new life with her new parents, and while you are reading you can see the course of the second mundial war.
The situation of this family was more complicated than other Germany families, because Hans and Rosa Huberman (fathers of Liesel) decided to hide the son of a Jewish old friend. He becomes a very good friend of Liesel, and in all the time that he lives in their home, the life of Hans, Rose and Liesel go around Max Vanderbourg.
In the book we can see that Liesel doesn’t superate the death of her brother, and the persons that help him to supper it are Hans, Max and also one friend Rudy Steiner. With this last, Liesel steal food, and also books. Liesel love read, but her parents haven’t got enough money for can buy it, and for this, Liesel steals books. In the beginning, she dosen’t know to read, but her father, Hans Hubermman helped him, and later, Max Vanderburg also.
I don’t explain the final because I recommend a lot this book.

In there you can see the fear that a lot of Germany people feels in this time. One of the successes that have a profound impact to me was the real situation that lives the families, and also the situation of the jewishes. I know before a little bit of the situation that pass these people, but in this book, this situation is best explained, and representated.

This is a little explication of this book, and as I said before, I recommended to every people.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Sergi,
    I’ve also read this book; I think it was in forth of ESO. It was an optional lecture and I chose it from a list of the teacher. I really liked it a lot, because it’s different to other stories that talk about this topic. It’s written in a very nice way; I went into the story and felt with the characters.
    I agree with you it’s a special book and worth to be recommended!
    See you in class,
    Laura

    ResponderEliminar